Any applicant who successfully completes our Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids Online course and applies for endorsement within 5 years of completion will satisfy:
- The course requirements of 46 CFR 13.201(C)(4) for original issuance or 13.120(a)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-PIC (DL); and
- The course requirements of 46 CFR 13.301(C)(4) for original issuance or 13.120(c)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-PIC (Barge)(DL); and
- The course requirements of 46 CFR 13.401(e)(1) for original issuance or 13.120(b)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Assistant (DL); and
- The course requirements of 46 CFR 13.501(C)(4) for original issuance or 13.120(d)(2) for renewal of Tankerman-Engineer (DL); and
- Meets the standards of competence, required by 46 CFR 13.609(a)(2), of Section A-V/1, Table A-V/1-1-1 of the STCW Code for Basic Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations; and
- Provided the applicant also supplies a statement signed by the Master, Chief Engineer or Chief Mate of an Oil AND/OR Chemical Tanker, appropriate to the endorsement sought, that the mariner has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the signer that he or she is fully capable of supervising transfers of dangerous liquid cargo in accordance with the guidance found in NVIC 22-14 (Encl 1, paragraphs 4 or 5):
- Meets the standards of competence required by 46 CFR 13.603(a)(2), (b)(2) or (c)(2) AND/OR 13.605(c)(2), of Section A-V/1, table A-V/1-1-2 AND/OR A-V/1-1-3 of the STCW Code for Advanced Oil AND/OR Chemical Tanker Operations.
Once enrolled, you will receive a confirmation email with course materials attached. A 50 question written examination must be conducted on-site at CMTI. Please call to make an appointment when you are ready to test.
When you register for a course at CMTI Online, you are responsible for the costs associated with registering for the course and transportation to the school for the written examination. If the enrollment process is completed and payment is processed, a refund will not be given. Please contact CMTI if you have ANY questions prior to enrollment in an online course.